Arkansas now has a Cottage Food Law (February 2011) exempting
homemade products from Health Department oversight and allowing its citizens to operate home based bakery/ food processing business. For details about small/home food processing contact the Arkansas Department of Health & Agriculture.
1. Obtain approval from the zoning department in Little Rock located at the City of Little Rock Planning and Development Department 723 W. Markham 72201 (501) 371-4790 firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Apply for a business license. The office is in Little Rock City Hall, 500 West Markham, Little Rock, AR 72201, 501-371-4510, email: email@example.com.
3. Apply for a DBA (Doing Business As) from the City Clerk’s Office. Susan Langley, City Clerk, 500 West Markham Street, Room 200, Little Rock, AR 72201, (501) 371-6803, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Apply for a state sales tax ID. From the Ledbetter building located at 1816 W 7th St, Room 2220, Little Rock, AR 72201, 501-682-1130.
5. As a small business owner it is highly recommended that you obtain liability insurance.